Amazon

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

I'LL ONLY BE HERE FOR A YEAR

The first thing I remember was the ride
 From Welch to OKC that I took in stride
 Every jolt, quick stop and every bump
Made my leg throb with a thump, thump
So each and every town we went through
Driver hit the lights and siren, woohoo
At 10 years old it was quite a thrill
Much better than any pain relief pill
We got to the hospital and we went in
Parents had to fill out lots of forms again
Doctor checked me, guess I failed the test
He said boy you're in for a real long rest
He told the nurse really high calcium diet
The next thing he said gave my ears a riot
Anytime he wants icecream, or a shake
You go get it for him for goodness sake
The doctor really goofed up, my dear
He said it right there where I could hear
I ran the poor nurses ragged you see
Down to the cafeteria and back for me
I told them it won't be long have no fear
I'll only be here for about one year

No comments:

Post a Comment