Amazon

Monday, August 31, 2015

MEMOIRS OF A SILLY OLD FART

Yes my post is late, I know, I know
My poor old brain is running slow
Poems or stories just don't grow
On vines or trees or fall like snow
Maybe today I'll put my block away
And just tell a story, what do you say?

The memoirs of a silly old fart

Way, way back a few decades ago
Right after my birthday, I think so
That birthday I had just turned ten
Ready for summer fun to start again
Playing around where I shouldn't be
A bad old accident sneaked up on me
I broke my leg, I guess it was bad
No fun this summer, was to be had
To the local hospital they sent me
Then to another one down in OKC
You may say that don't sound like fun
But my adventures had just begun
For a while things were kinda rough
I found out I wasn't quite so tough
But after a bit things weren't so bad
And I'll tell you some of the fun I had
On my blog's where they'll be stored
One at a time so you don't get bored
So keep a watch tomorrow they'll start
Come see the memoirs of a silly old fart

No comments:

Post a Comment