Amazon

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

GROUNDED FOR A WEEK

So there in my hospital bed I had to lay
Couldn't even get myself up to play
Surgery or 2 later and after a while
I got a surprise that made me smile
I got me a wheelchair colored green
Was the prettiest thing I'd ever seen
Now I felt like I was  just set free
My little heart was filled with glee
Even gave the nurses a happier tone
The ice cream I could get on my own
I floor, 2 floors, 3 floors and then 4
4 is surgery, I'm not allowed no more
So all over the hospital there I went 
All day in my green wheelchair I spent
Cafeteria, lobby and in the parking lot
Nowhere you could go that I did not
Come time for me to take my meds
We were supposed to be in our beds
I had all the nurses looking for me
I wasn't where I was supposed to be
So they got together and found a way
Over the intercom they would say
Richard you in your little wheelchair
Come to your bed and don't you dare
Make any of us have to come to seek
Or you'll be grounded for all of a week
Then I'd hurry right back to my room
A week with no chair would be my doom
So friends come back next time and see
How my one month grounding came to be
  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment