Amazon

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Politically Correct


I once tried to make everyone like me
So very politically correct I would be
Thought that would make me happy you see
I found I was barking up the wrong tree
Politically correct won't let you be free

If you're kind and agree with the left group
Then the group on the right calls you a stupe
Again if you go with the group on the right
The one on the left calls you an awful sight
You have to be careful when you go out at night

If you work hard and save lots of money
You're a fat cat and a rich bitch honey
Waste and give it away so that you're poor
You're not good enough to sweep their floor
Most folks won't even let you in their door

If you're religious and believe in your God
The hypocrites won't even give you a nod
As an atheist who don't believe as they tell
They say that you're going straight to hell
Gotta attend their church and pray as well

If you're a patriot and your country you serve
The pacifists say that you gotta lotta nerve
Don't fight, patriots say you've more to give
The activists say you have no right to live
Insults fall like water through a sieve

If you don't seem to agree with each  minority
The other ones say you're racist, don't you see
You speak very carefully so as not to offend
The real racists say you can't be their friend
Think they're more equal than others in the end

I think I have the problem solved for me
You don't have to be correct politically  
You've just got to be who you want to be
Don't try to please each and everyone you see
My friend, I say that's a great impossibility

No comments:

Post a Comment