Amazon

Friday, March 23, 2012

FURTHER ADVENTURES OF GOOBER AND FESTUS


FURTHER ADVENTURES OF GOOBER AND FESTUS

Goober was a real good teacher too
He taught his friend Festus to do
Some things the dog book said no way
Could an English Mastiff do any day
I told in another story to be found
Before bout him baying like a hound
we had to put Festus in a big dog pen
To stop his hunting with his friend
Goober looked both ways at the road
Festus just blundered out like a toad
He was so big he might cause a wreck
Goober got rabbits so what the heck
Festus was so big we had to beware
Festus just might bring home a bear
The fence on the pen was over 6 feet
Book says mastiffs can't jump so neat
Says they're much too heavy to jump
Look at Festus,book goes in the dump
Pen had enough holes to let Goober in
He'd go in with his friend, out again
Put a dog house in to keep off the rain
Goober jumped on top without any strain
Pretty soon Festus,he was doing it too
Now guess what Goober started,in to do
From the dog house roof, over the pen
Then crawl in the pen and do it again
Didn't take Festus long,one,two,three
He found out he could also jump free
Put it in the middle so it's off track
Festus's so big he just pushed it back
Sister knew a man needing a good line
To breed some female mastiffs,so fine
Gave Festus a vacation with benefits
We went to get him,Well,kiss my grits
The man said Festus got hit by a truck
If you believe that,then you're in luck
I have desert homes in the cool shade
Of a big mirage in Florida's everglade
I'll end this story now fore I get mad
Just the thought of it makes me so sad
Know what was up,happened to me before
I'll shut up now cause I'm gettin sore  

1 comment: