Amazon

Saturday, March 24, 2012

BOUDREAUX GOES FISHIN'



BOUDREAUX GOES FISHIN'

Borrowed from Jeff Highland
Who got it from Robert Mayo

This Louisiana game warden had been keeping an eye on the fishing docks, when
after about a week he noticed that Boudreaux had been coming back every day
with a boat full of fish. One day he starts to talk to Boudreaux as he's pulling his
boat in. The warden says,'Boudreaux, I been watchin you. I notice every day dat
you been comin' in wid a full load of fish. You must be havin some good luck? Eh?"
Boudreaux answers, "May yah, dem fish is easy to catch." The game warden
replies, "Well listen. I got me a day off comin next Saturday. I was wondring,
maybe I could go an fish wid you?" Boudreaux replies, "May dat be no problem. Jus
make shore you be here at dat 6 a.m. sharp. Cause I gonna leave dis dock wid or
widout you." "May I'll be here, don't chu worry none about dat" answers the
warden.
Saturday comes and the game warden is waiting at the dock when Boudreaux
pulls up and puts his boat in the water. The game warden gets in and Boudreaux
proceeds to drive the boat out to the middle of the lake. At this point, Boudreaux
shuts off the engine and lets the boat glide to a stop. The game warden, who'd
been curious anyway, says to Boudreaux, "May Boudreaux, I been lookin aroun dis
boat, and I notice dat all you don brought was dis here ice-chest and dat little
brown paper bag under your seat. May, you don't even got no fishin pole."
Boudreaux answers, "May, dat be because dats all I need" And he proceeds to pull
a stick of dynamite out of the brown paper bag, lights it, thows it in the water and
watches it go boooom! All the fish in the area, being stunned, float to the top of
the water.
The warden, by this time, can't believe his eyes. Half yelling, he says to Boudreaux,
"May Boudreaux, I know we been knowin each udder for a long time, but man,
you can't be doing dat, especially wid me being a game warden n all. May, dat's
agin de law in a big way dat is." Boudreaux, without say a word, calmly reaches
down into the bag (with the warden still rattling off), pulls out a stick, lights it,
hands it to the warden and says, "You gonna talk, or you gonna fish?"
Thanks Robert Mayo!!


No comments:

Post a Comment