Amazon

Saturday, May 3, 2014

FAIR WEATHER FRIENDS

Gave them all a penny you see
It just came from the heart of me
Guess a penny just wasn't enough
Cause nowadays are really rough
If you want anything in return
Oh wow their hearts on a burn
To the bank I went with a tickle
Traded five pennies for a nickel
Wasn't enough they wanted more
Anything you ask makes them sore
Traded two nickels for a shiny dime
It didn't please them a bit this time
Ask for a favor in return this day
They disappear it's not enough pay
Traded two shiny dimes and a nickel
Quarters won't get me out of my pickle
I always thought good friends would
Help each other just like they should
Back to the bank four quarters stacked
Got paper dollars in a wallet packed
Thought the color would get it done
But they didn't like the number one
I asked for a trade of things with a sob
You'd think them I had just tried to rob
Again I went out my money to squeeze
Five ones for a five if you please
This was better, they talked for a time
But not any more than they did for a dime
Conversation got better but only a little
The just stood and talked as they piddle
Fives to a ten and tens to a twenty
Now I got friends to talk a plenty
But twenty s run out a way to quick
All of a sudden everybody gets sick
Two twenty's and ten together again
Ah, a fifty makes real good medicine
They gather around friendly indeed
Then decide there's more that they need
Not this time my friend until you give it up
I want some sweetener for my coffee cup
Two fifty's combined makes some big lumps
But now you're tired of fair weather chumps

No comments:

Post a Comment